Bacon, Egg & Cheddar Biscuit Sammie
This sandwich is all the right things. Extra cheesey, a little salty, a touch sweet, AND a kick of heat. How could you not get your fingers sticky for this one?
For the cheddar biscuits:
- 8 oz bread flour
- 10 oz cake flour
- .75 oz baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh cracked, black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 7 oz cold, cubed butter
- 6 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 6.5 oz buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp melted butter (to brush on top of biscuits)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 tsp Sriracha
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 8-10 fried eggs (depending on how many biscuits you get out of your batch)
- 8-10 slices sharp cheddar cheese (depending on how many biscuits you get out of your batch)
- 16 strips hickory smoked bacon, cooked (cut in half width wise)
Combine all dry ingredients a mixing bowl fitted with a paddle attachment.
Cut in cold butter using the paddle attachment on low speed. Continue to mix until butter is pea sized. Paddle in shredded cheese.
Add eggs one at a time.
Slowly pour in buttermilk while mixing on low speed until dough has just barely formed. DO NOT OVER MIX. (If dough is still slightly crumbly I like to mix the last bit of it by hand) Chill 15 minutes.
Roll biscuit dough 3/4 of an inch thick and cut. Brush tops with melted butter and bake at 400 F for 12-15 minutes. (Leave oven on for assembly step)
Cut biscuits in half. Take the top biscuit of each and lay cut side up on a baking sheet. Lay 1 slice of cheddar cheese on each biscuit. Bake until the cheese begins to melt. Remove from oven.
Build your sandwhich in this order: 4 pieces of bacon, fried egg, baby arugula, Sriracha honey and top with a cheddar cheese biscuit lid. Enjoy!