It’s been a hot minute since I’ve baked. Okay, it’s only been four weeks, but being a pastry chef, that’s been four weeks too long. I keep finding myself looking through my recipe book or looking for new recipes online when I lay my little one down for a nap, and I thought as Easter quickly approaches, what better recipe to share then these Lemon Sugar Cookies.
Every holiday my work has a brunch hosting roughly 400-450 people that I make some kind of a cut out sugar cookie for and do HUNDREDS of them. I usually start two or three days prior to the event, because as you can see, I can’t just simply frost a cookie.
These bunny rabbits are cute though, right?
These cookies are lemony, buttery, soft and so so GOOD.
Not only are these cookies super delicious, but this is a great recipe for baking lots and lots of cookies at once as it is a very stable dough. I usually do 4x this amount in one go, but it’s also good for smaller batches like this. It’s fool proof, I promise.
Try them out and let me know what you think in the comments below. I love hearing from ya’ll 🙂 Happy baking!
Lemon Sugar Cookies
For sugar cookies:
- 12 oz butter
- 1 1/2 cups cups sugar
- 2 small eggs
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tbsp salt
- Half and Half
- Powdered sugar
- In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment cream together butter, cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- On low speed add eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla and lemon zest, mix until combined.
- Lastly add sifted ingredients and mix until all flour is incorporated.
- Bake at 350 until just golden on edges. Transfer to cooling rack and cool completely before decorating.
- Add powdered sugar to half and half in mixer with paddle attachment until you get desired thickness. You do not want this watery. (I like to start out with 1 cup of half & half to 2 cups of powdered sugar)