Let’s face it, I’m a mom. And some days, I just don’t feel like making an elaborate meal. Whether that be for breakfast, lunch or even dinner. Sometimes, I just wanna slap some shit on toast and call it a day. Ya feel me? Raising a toddler can be exhausting at times and, sometimes, I just don’t have it in me to “do it all”. That my friends, is exactly where this Avocado Toast comes into play.
Most of the time you see Avocado toast being eaten for breakfast or brunch. But it’s definitely more than an just AM grub in my household. I can literally eat this toast for any meal of the day, and maybe even a heavy snack given the opportunity. It’s so quick, super fresh, almost no cook, and most importantly, healthy.
This avocado toast is high in nutrients like Vitamins B and C, packed with fiber, and is full of healthy fats that will keep you full and energized for 3-4 hours. Yes, this toast is basically the greatest thing of all time.
Try this recipe out and let me know what you think in the comment below. Happy eating!
5 Ingredient Avocado Toast
- 6 slices seeded, bread I used "Seeduction" bread from Whole Foods
- 3-4 avocados, halved, peeled, and thinly sliced
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 oz goat cheese if vegan, skip this step or use your favorite vegan cheese
- Pea shoots or micro cilantro
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Flaky sea salt
- Toast bread in toaster or oven. (If toasting in oven I recommend drizzling bread lightly with olive oil before baking.)
- Once bread is toasted and cooled, top each slice with thinly sliced avocado.
- Drizzle each slice with olive oil (about 3 Tbsps). Top with freshly cracked black pepper and flakey sea salt to taste. It is important to season in this step so it directly seasons the avocado.
- Top with thinly sliced radish, goat cheese, and pea shoots.