Happy Thursday! We’ve almost made it to the weekend! For today’s post I thought I would finish out the week strong and share with you another easy week-night recipe, my favorite summertime grilled cheese sandwich. This sandwich may sound weird to some, but boy is it GOOD. Imagine a cheese platter, with all of your favorite things, layered between two slices of toasty bread, and then, add bacon to it. YUM. This grilled cheese is probably one of my all time favorites. And that’s saying a lot coming from someone that used to work on a grilled cheese food truck. It’s the perfect combination of salty, savory and sweet all in one.
When I used to think about grilled cheese I would only associate it with little kids. Just a vessel to eat copious amounts of gooey cheese and give the adults a break from cooking. As I’ve gotten older I’ve realized, adults need a vessel for melty cheese just as much as kids do. So, why not revamp the classic grilled cheese with white bread and American cheese into something so much better. I mean why not shove an entire cheese board between two slices of bread. F*ck it. Pour yourself a glass of wine while you’re at it.
Try this recipe out and let me know what you think in the comments below. Happy Eating!
Bacon, Peach, and Brie Grilled Cheese with Blackberry Jam
- 4 Tbsps salted butter, softened
- 12 slices sourdough bread
- 3 Tbsps honey
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 3-4 Tbsps blackberry jam
- 6 slices thick cut bacon, cooked
- 8 oz brie, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
- 2 peaches, thinly sliced
- Flaky sea salt
- Spread the outside of bread with softened butter. Lay slices, butter side down, on a cutting board or cookie sheet for easy assembly.
- Mix together honey and thyme. Set aside.
- Top bottom slice of sandwich with thinly sliced brie. Spread blackberry jam on top of brie.
- Evenly layer on peaches. Drizzle honey and thyme mixture over top.
- Break each piece of bacon in half to fit evenly on each sandwich. Place on top of peaches.
- Add shredded white cheddar on top of sandwiches and finish with top slice of bread.
- Place the sandwiches, I did three at a time, in a large skillet on medium heat. Cook until the cheese is melty and bread is toasted. Once finished cooking cut in half and top with flaky sea salt. Serve immediately.