Today is a good day. One, because I don’t work today, and two, because I’m watching Monday Night Football and eating this snack mix. I don’t wanna say anything to jinx it, buuuut the Chicago Bears are really doing well this year. I mean most of the games are a complete eyesore to watch, but somehow we just keep managing to pull a win from it. It’s honestly incredible.
Even if we do lose tonight, I will be able to rest easier knowing I won’t starve to death in my sleep. I’m on my second bowl already and the game literally just started. No shame over here though.
This stuff is crazy addicting ya’ll. It’s extra crunchy, slightly spicy, salty, a little sweet, and SO easy to make. It’s basically everything you want in an addictingly good snack mix.
Looking for other game day recipes? Here are some ideas:
Try this recipe out and let me know what you think in the comments below. Happy Snacking!
Sweet & Spicy Snack Mix
- 3 cups raw mixed nuts, equal parts cashews, pecans and almonds
- 2 cups pretzel twists
- 1 cup rye chips
- 3 Tbsps salted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 2 tsps fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsps chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Flaky sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On a parchment lined 1/2 sheet pan spread nuts in single layer. Toast 13-15 minutes. Remove from oven and toss with pretzels and rye chips. Pour over glaze and toss to combine. (Make sure everything is evenly coated.)
- Return to oven and bake for another 15-16 minutes.
- Let cool slightly then toss with flaky sea salt. Store in airtight containers. Lasts up to 1 week.