Welcome to day three of 12 Days of Cookies!
So today we’re going a little out of the box. Everyone loves chocolate chip cookies right? Well think chocolate chip cookies with a twist. Something that when you taste it you’ll think, “what is that?”
That something? Tahini.
YUP. Chocolate chip cookies with tahini AND flaky sea salt. Everything you didn’t know you’re dreams were made of until today. Salty, savory, and sweet all in one. What more could you want in a cookie?
I’ve adapted this recipe from https://www.vegetarianventures.com and it’s pretty bomb. When I was testing these out at work I wasn’t quite sure if people would “get it” or not. Boy was I wrong. Everyone LOVED them. I began a second batch almost immediately afterwards. Those too soon got demolished. I had to make these in my tiny little kitchen at home to get the photos I needed so no ravenous creatures ate my work.
Try these cookies for yourselves and tell me what you think in the comments below 🙂
Salty Chocolate Chip Tahini Cookies
- 4 oz Butter, room temp
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chunks
- Flaky sea salt
- In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment cream together butter and brown sugar. Add tahini.
- Mix in egg and vanilla until incorporated.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until all dries are incorporated.
- Stir in semi sweet chocolate by hand.
- Scoop cookies onto parchment lined baking sheet and top with flaky sea salt. Bake at 350 degrees until edges start to brown. (About 10-12 minutes)