Happy Thursday and first day of OCTOBER! I can’t believe September is already over. As much as being in a pandemic sucks, I feel as though time has just flown by. Like, I have absolutely no idea where seven months of my life have gone. Honestly, it’s a little frightening. I feel like time in general goes by faster once you have a child. Everyday they are evolving, changing and doing something completely new, and before you know it they’re like, six. Okay… Oliver’s not even two, but he’s two going on 12, I swear. His little personality is so prominent and the boy knows what he wants. Which, are Coo Coo’s (cookies), all the time.
That’s how this Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Cookie recipe came to. It’s sort of highbred between oatmeal raisin and peanut butter. I mean, let’s face it, no kid wants the cookie with raisins in it. However, oats are deemed “healthy” and peanut butter is good protein, so why not combine the two. Granted, cookies aren’t healthy, but let me just convince myself and feel better about eating 14 of these.
These cookies are soft and chewy, perfectly peanut buttery, and just the right amount of salty-sweet to keep you coming back for more. Of course the extra sea salt on top is totally optional, but we all know I’m a big fan of some extra salt and seriously, these cookies are the perfect vessel. And if you want to be totally extra, these cookies are also great with chocolate chips in them. YUM.
No matter what you choose to add to these, these Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Cookies are the perfect cookie for any gathering, afternoon sweet craving or heck, even breakfast. It’s oatmeal right?
Looking for other cookie recipes? Here are some ideas:
Try these out and let me know what you think in the comments below. Happy Baking!
Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter & Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 sticks salted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Flaky sea salt for topping
- In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars. Add peanut butter and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add egg and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to bowl along with rolled oats. Mix until just combined. (Be sure not to overmix.)
- Scoop dough, with a medium sized scoop, ( I used two small scoops and rolled them together) onto a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 14-15 minutes or until edges are just starting to brown. (The longer you bake them, the less chewy they will be)
- Transfer baked cookies onto cooling rack to cool.