Merry Christmas everyone! We’ve reached the end of 12 Days of Cookies and honestly, I’m a little sad about it. But! With every end there is a new beginning, right? The new year is just around the corner and I have so many good things in store for ya’ll. 2020 is going to be full of recipes, travel, baby/toddler navigating, DIY, and so much more.
As for the rest of this year, I’m taking a hiatus and spending quality time with my family. Christian and I have the next few days off and are traveling to Cleveland, Ohio for a little mini getaway and Oliver gets some quality time with both sets of grandparents. When we get back both Christian and I have a few more days just to spend with our lil nuggy.
As for today, I chose to make Sheet Pan Shortbread.
You guys. This recipe is so simple. So easy. And so GOOD.
You literally mix everything up and smash it into a ½ sheet pan. Then chill, dock, and bake it. When it comes out of the oven you immediately sprinkle it with sugar and cut into desired squares, rectangles, triangle, ect.
That’s it. It’s really that simple. And it feeds a lot of people for such little work. The PERFECT Christmas Day cookie. Am I right or am I right?
Try them out and tell me what you think in the comments below 😊
Here’s what you’ll need:
12 oz AP flour
6 oz cake flour
6 oz powdered sugar
1 1/4 tsp salt
1 lb 2 oz butter, room temperature
1 Tbsp + 1 tsp vanilla
1. In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, gently combine dry ingredients.
2. Paddle in butter and vanilla until combined and dough starts to form.
3. Press dough into a lightly sprayed 1/2 sheet pan and dock. Chill the shortbread dough until firm. This should take 1-2 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake until the shortbread has reached a light golden brown. Immediately sprinkle with sugar.
5. Cut into desired pieces while the shortbread is still HOT.