Happy Friday night ya’ll. We’ve made it through the work week! Seeing as my week seemed to be long and stressful, I thought I would bring something different to the blog tonight and make something fun. Now if you know me, you know I’m a HUGE snacker, especially if any sort of TV series is on. That’s how these tri-colored french fries, or “rainbow fries” as I like to call them, came about. I wanted an easy, yet still delicious snack to munch on while starting season 4 of the show ‘New Girl’. Yes, I know, I know, I’m super behind on this show. However, don’t you worry because I am most definitely binge watching it 😆 . Never the less, I wanted something I wasn’t going to feel super bad about eating, and could reheat for Oliver to snack on the next day.
Enter in these Rainbow Fries. These fries are not only SO easy to make, but they are gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian, and vegan. They would make a great snack, side dish to any meal, and are an awesome way to get kids to eat their vegetables without using a deep fryer. You could also substitute carrots for extra sneaky veggie consumption.
Try these out and let me know what you think in the comments below. Happy snacking!
Looking for other fun recipes? Here are some ideas:
- 1 each purple sweet potato, orange sweet potato, russet potato you could use root vegetables, such as carrots, alternatively
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Flaky sea salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsps Sriracha
- 1/3 cup mayo can substitute vegan mayo
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. (I like to use two to ensure crispiness of fries. If you over crowd the pan the french fries will start to steam instead of getting crispy.)
- Slice sweet potatoes into french fry like sticks, about 1/2" thick. Toss together in a large bowl with olive oil, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, and a few grinds of freshly cracked black pepper. Spread evenly on two separate cookie sheets.
- Bake 24-28 minutes rotating the pans from top to bottom halfway through cooking. I also like to flip my fries at this point as well to ensure all sides get crisp.
- Remove from oven and toss with flaky sea salt. Serve with Sriracha aioli.