Happy Monday ya’ll! I don’t know about you guys but I am totally missing going to brunch during this pandemic. Sometimes I truly feel there is nothing better than a Sunday morning brunch. Or a brunch on any day for that matter.
Hungover? Brunch. Cute photo op? Brunch. Don’t know what time or day it is? BRUNCH.
Is “Brunching” a hobby? Because if it is, it’s probably one of my favorites.
Anyways, enough about my love for brunch, the word is starting to sound a little weird since I’ve said it so much. Does that happen to anyone else?
With restaurants closed and my lack of wearing anything but pajamas, this morning I brought the brunch to us and made these biscuit sandwiches.
Two words. Yes, Please.
This sandwich is all the right things. Extra cheesey, a little salty, a touch sweet, AND a kick of heat. How could you not get your fingers sticky for this one?
Try it out and tell me what you guys think in the comments below. I love hearing from ya’ll 🙂
Bacon, Egg & Cheddar Biscuit Sammie
For the cheddar biscuits:
- 8 oz bread flour
- 10 oz cake flour
- .75 oz baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh cracked, black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 7 oz cold, cubed butter
- 6 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 6.5 oz buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp melted butter (to brush on top of biscuits)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 tsp Sriracha
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 8-10 fried eggs (depending on how many biscuits you get out of your batch)
- 8-10 slices sharp cheddar cheese (depending on how many biscuits you get out of your batch)
- 16 strips hickory smoked bacon, cooked (cut in half width wise)
- Combine all dry ingredients a mixing bowl fitted with a paddle attachment.
- Cut in cold butter using the paddle attachment on low speed. Continue to mix until butter is pea sized. Paddle in shredded cheese.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Slowly pour in buttermilk while mixing on low speed until dough has just barely formed. DO NOT OVER MIX. (If dough is still slightly crumbly I like to mix the last bit of it by hand) Chill 15 minutes.
- Roll biscuit dough 3/4 of an inch thick and cut. Brush tops with melted butter and bake at 400 F for 12-15 minutes. (Leave oven on for assembly step)
- Whisk together all ingredients
- Cut biscuits in half. Take the top biscuit of each and lay cut side up on a baking sheet. Lay 1 slice of cheddar cheese on each biscuit. Bake until the cheese begins to melt. Remove from oven.
- Build your sandwhich in this order: 4 pieces of bacon, fried egg, baby arugula, Sriracha honey and top with a cheddar cheese biscuit lid. Enjoy!