Happy humpday and day five of 12 days of cookies! *Disclaimer: This post is a little behind because my computer took a sh*t. None the less tonight will be LOTS of cookies. Not breaking my 12 day promise guys.
Today is a good day ya’ll. Not only is the week already half over and Christmas just a week away, but I made Chocolate cookies. Not just cookies with chocolate chips, not a chocolate dipped cookie, the whole freaking thing is chocolate and I’m super excited about it, if you couldn’t tell.
These cookies are SO GOOD. They’re soft, a little chewy, fudgy, and oh so heavenly. They’re almost brownie like. The outside gets a thin crispy layer while the inside stay super soft and moist.
Guys, this is like the perfect cookie. It’s every chocolate lovers dream.
Try this one out and leave leave a comment below to tell me what you think 🙂
Here’s what you’ll need:
8 oz dark chocolate chips
1 cup canola oil
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 Tbsp coffee extract
1 1/2 lbs sugar
15 oz all purpose flour
3.5 oz cocoa powder
1 – 2 cups powdered sugar
1. Melt dark chocolate chips and canola oil in microwave safe boil or over a double boiler on stove. Once completely melted stir in extracts.
2. Whisk together eggs and sugar in medium sized bowl. Stir in melted chocolate mixture.
3. Sift together flour and cocoa powder. Fold into your chocolate and egg mixture.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
5. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. While your oven is preheating, line a cookie sheet with parchment and place 1- 2 cups of powdered sugar into a small bowl. Using a small cookie scoop, scoop dough and roll into balls. ( I used a scoop equal to the size of 1 1/2 Tbsp) Drop your ball in the powdered sugar and roll to completely cover it. Place cookies on baking sheet and bake 9-11 minutes. Cool completely before storing. This recipe makes 42-44 cookies.