Happy Tuesday ya’ll! Tuesday’s are currently the start to my work week and I can’t say I’m mad about it. If COVID has done any good in my life, it’s allowed me to have a three day weekend with my little nugget. This past weekend Oliver was teething like no other, so we laid low and enjoyed lots of snuggles, naps, and youtube videos. Dear lord, a lot of youtube videos.
Does anyone else’s kid love to watch the same exact video on repeat for as long as you’ll let it slide? Like, really? You don’t wanna switch it up and watch Mickey Mouse or Puppy Dog Pals? You really just wanna watch the same exact thing over.. and over…and over again..?
YEP. I SURE DO MOM.
…The things you do for your kiddos. He’s lucky that he’s such a sweetie.
At least during one of Oliver’s afternoon naps I was able to chef up a quick and delicious snack. This toast was inspired by a post I saw on Pinterest quite some time ago and with all the fresh produce I had in my fridge from the farmer’s market I had to give it a try. No cooking, super simple, and it’s fresh? Yes please.
This toast is super summery, light and refreshing, and so so delicious. Greek yogurt and tahini have become a staple in my household and I personally can’t get enough of them. Both are great additions to sauces and recently I’ve been experimenting with them in my baking. Like these Chocolate Chip Tahini Cookies. What’s even better than being simply delicious is this “whip”. It is SO easy to make with just four ingredients. Add the yogurt, tahini and garlic to a food processor with a little lemon, and boom! Fluffy toast spread. YUM.
Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think in the comments below 🙂
Whippped Tahini Yougurt
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cherry tomatos, halved
- 1 "seedless" cucumber, seeded, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsps cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsps chives, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsps ground sumac
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 6 slices seeded sourdough bread, toasted or grilled
For the whipped tahini yogurt:
- Combine all ingredients in food processor. Alternatively, combine all ingredients in medium sized bowl and whisk together.
For the chopped salad:
- In a medium sized bowl, toss together all ingredients.
- Spoon each piece of toasted bread with a generous amount of whipped yogurt tahini. Top each piece with cucumber salad. Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Dolly and Oatmeal.