Welcome back to 12 days of Cookies!
On day eighth day of Christmas I gift to you…Monster Cookies! I decided to take the name seriously and I literally made these cookies monstrous.
These are BIG.
I mean not for me, but for the average person these are probably quite large. Of course you can make these any size you want, but trust me when I say you’re gonna end up eating two so you might as well just eat one big one, right? Somehow that makes me feel less guilty, like I’m eating less? I’ll just keep convincing myself.
These cookies are chewy, peanut buttery, chocolatey, and better yet, gluten free.
These cookies have NO flour in them which makes them one of the best cookies for any gathering. Everyone can indulge in one. Or six. I promise no one will judge you.
Try them out and let me know what you guys think in the comments below.
Here’s what you need:
(Recipe adapted from allrecipes.com)
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
3/4 tsp corn syrup
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp baking soda
4 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup M&Ms
1/2 cup semi sweet chips
1. In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment cream together butter and sugars. Add peanut butter and corn syrup and mix until fully incorporated.
2. Slowly add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla.
3. Add baking soda and oats and mix until completely combined. Lastly add in M&Ms and chocolate chips.
4. Scoop cookies to desired size and chill until firm. About 1-2 hours.
5. Once chilled, place scooped cookies on a prepared baking sheet and slightly flatten each cookie. ( I like to use the palm of my hand or the back of a flat rubber spatula) Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes (depending on size).
6. Cool slightly before transferring cookies to cooling rack.