Good Morning and Happy Monday ya’ll! I can’t believe the weekend is already over. I spent most of my weekend inside due to the copious amounts of rain Wisconsin decided to dump on us, but none the less got caught up on some much needed work, content planning, and recipe testing. This post is actually coming about from a MAJOR fail I had yesterday in the kitchen. I feel like anytime I try something new, it doesn’t work. I sit there and question it, then tell myself to just follow the recipe, and then it turns out like garbage. I should know to trust my gut but yet here I am a day later with pancake cookies and a crushed soul. Aye yai yai. In the mist of this fail, I thought to myself, “I’m just going to make my cookies instead. They always work. I’ll just make a big batch, eat about 10 of them, enter a food coma, and forget about the flying saucers I just made.” Okay, maybe not 10 of them, and maybe I’m being dramatic, but, I hate when recipes don’t work. Therefore, I made my own. Honestly, these cookies have a pretty fool proof recipe. I’ve taught many people how to make these, and even the worst of the worst have succeeded. So, without further ado, I give you my Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I first came across these cookies working at the job I currently have now, when I was actually working as a pastry chef and not in the front of house. Everyone LOVES these cookies. People love them so much that I was strictly instructed to not change anything about them or guests would complain. So, week after week I made these magical untouchable cookies. Actually, 5 years to be exact. And, I stayed true to what I was told, I never, ever, touched the recipe. That is until now.
Don’t get me wrong. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the recipe I was given. But personally, I always have to put my own spin on things. You know the saying “turning ordinary into extrodinary”? That’s what happened here. A few tweaks here and there and these cookies got labeled “Ultimate”. And for good reason.
Looking for other cookie recipes? Here are some ideas:
Try them out and let me know what you think in the comments below. Happy Baking!
The Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 lb butter, softened
- 1 lb brown sugar ~ 2 cups
- 5.33 oz sugar ~ 2/3 cup
- 2 1/2 tsps molasses
- 1/2 lb eggs ~ 5 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 12 oz all-purpose flour ~ 2 1/2 cups
- 12 oz bread four ~ 2 1/2 cups
- 2 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups milk chocolate chips
- In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars. Add molasses.
- Measure 1/2 tsp vanilla into eggs. Mixing at low speed, pour in eggs one at a time.
- Sift together flours, salt and baking soda. Add to mixing bowl and mix until incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Line cookie sheets with parchement paper and scoop cookies about 3" apart. I put 5 cookies per half sheet tray. (The cookies will spread and puff up)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 14-16 minutes or until edges reach a golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool 4-5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.