Happy Sunday morning ya’ll. Sunday’s are one of my favorite days. I feel like Sunday’s are meant for relaxing, reflecting on your weekend, mentally preparing yourself for the workweek, running errands, preparing a stupid good feast for family dinner, and depending on the season, a cozy day in watching football.
Sunday’s are just the best. You have no obligation or pressure to do anything. It’s literally the day you can do whatever you so choose.
So, of course, I chose to make these muffins. And let me tell you, I’m a happy camper, as is my neighbor whom I left a box outside their door for.
It’s the small things in life, right?
Let’s not think about Monday being tomorrow and stuff our faces with muffins together. Sound good?
Here’s what you’ll need:
For the muffins:
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp oil
2 1/2 cups shredded carrots
1 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
3/4 cup crushed pineapple
3 1/4 cup flour
2 1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 oz brown sugar
1 1/2 oz sugar
2 3/4 oz butter, COLD and cubed
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp vanilla
4 1/2 oz bread flour
- In stand mixer, whip together eggs, vanilla and sugar.
- Slowly stream in oil.
- Add in carrots, pineapple and nuts.
- Sift together dry ingredients and add last. Mix until incorporated.
- Scoop muffins into prepared pan.
- Make streusel. In same stand mixer with clean bowl, combine all dries together. Add vanilla. Add cubed butter and and paddle until butter is the size of peas.
- Top muffins with streusel and bake at 350 F.