Happy Monday ya’ll. It’s been quite the dreary overcast day here so I’ve taken full advantage of it and spent my entire day inside baking. There is also a winter storm on the way so what better way to snuggle up with some hot cocoa and eat some sweets, am I right? If we’re being honest, I really don’t like winter, Like at all, but I’ll definitely partake in the fuzzy socks, hot cocoa, and movie nights on the couch during a snowfall. There’s just something so comforting about it. Especially with freshly baked 7-layer bars just waiting for me to dig in. Yes please.
Usually at this time of year I’ve already made 7-layer bars more times than I can count. However, due to the pandemic, I can’t say I’ve made them once this year. This recipe makes 24 large bars or 48 small bars so it’s a hefty recipe for just one person to indulge in. So, with Thanksgiving coming up this week, I thought why not make them today and be ahead of the game for Thursday. Kill two birds with one stone, so to speak. I get my sugar fix and my family gets theirs for Thanksgiving. Win Win.
These bars are crunchy, chewy, gooey, coconuty, chocolatey, sweet, and buttery all in one. 7 ingredients and 7-layers of flavor. You can’t beat these ones guys.
Looking for other fall recipes? Here are some ideas:
Try this recipe out and let me know what you think in the comments below. Happy Baking!
- 3 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 8 oz butter, salted – melted
- 2 3/4 cups shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 2 cups walnuts, chopped
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 cups butterscotch chips
- 2 14 oz cans sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a 1/2 sheet pan with cooking spray.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press into 1/2 sheet pan. (I like to use the bottom of a measuring cup to really pack it down) Par bake for 4-5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together coconut, walnuts, chocolate chips, and butterscotch chips. Pour mixture into crust.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over mixture.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes or until bars start to turn golden.
- Let cool completely before cutting into bars. Store in refrigerator for up to 1 week.